Conflict in the workplace is bad for business. It is destructive and detrimental to all stakeholders. It can lead to disengaged employees, unhappy customers and reputational damage. But unfortunately, from time to time, conflict situations can arise.
Highfield’s Understanding Conflict Management 2nd Edition outlines the knowledge and skills to reduce the risk of abusive and threatening behaviour occurring within the workplace. And now we’ve published a reprint of this popular resource.
It outlines the steps that can be taken to assess and reduce risk in conflict situations and how to de-escalate conflict in emotive situations.
Content has been written to mirror the Level 2 Award in Conflict Management, meaning the book can be used to support directly support conflict management training programmes that help learners develop their skills and confidence when dealing with conflict.
To find out more, click here.
Whatever your business, making sure the people you work with are kept safe is paramount through violence reduction training.
That’s why HABC has teamed up with conflict-management specialists Maybo to host two workshops that will give you and your staff the skills to deal with violence in the workplace – actual and potential.
The workshops, Violence Reduction Strategies and Violence and Restraint Reduction Strategies for Health and Social Care Settings, will use Maybo’s eight-step model to teach you how to review risks and identify the most effective combination of measures to reduce them in your work setting.
Key topics covered include:
- Violence risk reduction and prevention;
- Incident and post-incident management;
- Best practice and approaches in violence reduction;
- Organisational strategies to reducing risks;
- Reducing clinically related challenging behaviour and understanding the use of restrictive interventions (health and social care settings workshop only); and
- Training needs analysis for your organisation.
Ideal for managers, health and safety practitioners, social care workers and trainers, the workshops cost just £95 + VAT per delegate for HABC Approved Centres and £155 + VAT for non-Centres.
Both workshops take place at our Academy House office in Doncaster on the following dates:
• Violence Reduction Strategies – 29 September 2014; and
• Violence & Restraint Reduction Strategies for Health and Social Care Settings – 30 September 2014.
For more information or to book your place, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 226 0350. Alternatively, book online here for the Violence Reduction Strategies workshop and here for the Violence & Restraint Reduction Strategies for Health and Social Care Settings workshop.