The Security Industry Authority (SIA) has announced a series of changes aimed to simply and improve the security licence applications process.
The changes, which are due to be implemented this spring, are part of a ‘digital by default’ approach that will see applications and renewals completed entirely online.
The key changes include:
- New services for approved contractors (Licence Management and Licence Assist), which will provide businesses with greater control of the licensing of their employees, along with special permissions to carry out certain tasks
- Allowing other businesses to pay for licence applications with the SIA’s Licence Pay Only service, as well as create customised ‘watch lists’ on their improved Licence Status Checker to monitor the licence status of the individuals they are interested in
- Removing bulk paper applications and telephone renewals
- Managing the majority of their queries online, with a call handling centre for complex queries
- Licence applications and renewals to be completed entirely online.
A full presentation outlining the changes is available here.
There is also a suite of information concerning the changes on the SIA’s website (www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk).