The two new e-learning courses, Spectator Safety and Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events, are aimed at organisations and learners in the sports and events sector and are linked to nationally recognised qualifications.
The Spectator Safety course covers the knowledge element for the Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety and the entire Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events, while the Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events covers the knowledge required for learners to achieve the Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events.
Both e-learning courses, developed by Highfield e-learning, come complete with media rich and interactive content including photography, videos featuring commentary from sector experts and event stewards sharing their thoughts on working in the sector, interactive exercises to test and reinforce knowledge, and end of unit assessments.
Chris Sprenger, Highfield Managing Director, said, ‘There is increased regulatory and media scrutiny on the stewarding at sports and events at the same time as the sector is becoming more attractive to young people as a career option. Likewise, the nature of the job means that both learners and those teaching them are not often based in the classroom, so need an option that allows them to study in any environment.
More people are embracing e-learning and blended learning, so these courses are a cost-effective and innovative way for sports and events organisations to engage with learners in a meaningful fashion that benefits both the learner and the business’.
The Spectator Safety e-learning costs £115 plus VAT per learner, while the Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events e-learning costs £95 plus VAT per learner.
For more information, go to www.highfieldelearning.com, call 0845 226 0350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
1.The Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events e-learning contains the following units: Prepare for spectator events; Control the entry, exit and movement of people at spectator events; Monitoring spectators and deal with crowd problems and Dealing with accidents and emergencies. The Spectator Safety e-learning contains the same units, with the addition of: Managing conflict and Supporting the work of the team and organisation.
2. Both e-learning courses can be assessed by:
- Interactive activities: ensuring knowledge is continually reinforced throughout each module
- Multiple-choice questioning: at the end of each module to ensure learner outcomes have been achieved
- Full end-of-unit assessments: completed electronically and signed by an assessor appointed by the organisation providing training.
3. Press images relating to this story can be downloaded here:
4. A video demonstrating the Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events e-learning is available below:
5. The size of the sports and events sector in the UK: