This June saw Highfield host its most successful food conference to date, Food Safety in a Changing World.
Hosted by Highfield chairman Richard Sprenger, the conference took place at the National Motorcycle Museum on 13 June 2019 in partnership with The Society of Food Hygiene and Technology, the Institute of Food Science and Technology, and RHE Global.
And over 200 delegates attended to hear from the top names in the food safety business about the key challenges, legislative changes, media issues and the impact of Brexit on the sector.
Speaking at the event were:
- Dawn Welham, Operations and Technical Services Director at Caterers Choice Ltd, President of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Geoffrey Podger, former Chief Executive of the Food Standards Agency, the European Food Safety Authority and the Health and Safety Executive
- Sterling Crew, Managing Director at SQS Ltd, Strategic Advisor at Dynamic Risk Indicator and the Shield Safety Group
- Madeleine Smith, Reader in Food Safety, University of Birmingham
- Dr Lisa Ackerley, Food Safety Advisor at UKHospitality, Visiting Professor University of Salford
- Tony Lewis, Associate Professor at the Royal Agricultural University
- Michael Jackson, Head of Regulatory Compliance Division, Regulatory Compliance, People and NI Directorate at the Food Standards Agency
- John Barnes, Strategic Advisor, Shield Safety Group
We’ve had some amazing feedback from those who attended, and would like to thank each and every person who came along the conference.
For future Highfield events, please go to https://centres.highfieldqualifications.com/Events/