Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) will be putting safety first at its conference later this year with a line up including Marks & Spencer, Laing O’Rourke and the City of London Corporation.
Held at Old Trafford Stadium, Manchester on 13 November 2014, the HABC National Conference will feature a seminar – sponsored by Staples and ProTrainings.eu – on health and safety and fire safety, with insights and updates on training, law and compliance from some of the UK’s top experts and educators.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
• Tom Armstrong, Laing O’Rourke;
• Steve Bethell, Laing O’Rourke;
• Mark Lewis, Head of Trading Safely & Legally, Marks & Spencer;
• Dr Jim Marsden, Director, Ignis Associates Ltd;
• Lukas Rootman, Nabarro LLP;
• Oliver Sanandres, Corporate Health and Safety Manager, City of London;
• Martin Woodsworth, Head of External Quality Support, HABC; and
• Wendy Nixon, HABC Consultant.
Christian Sprenger, HABC Managing Director, said, ‘There are still many businesses that dismiss health and safety or fire safety as red tape, yet when done properly it contributes to the overall effectiveness and efficient running of a business and shows staff and clients alike that their welfare is being looked after.
Our seminar features experts and educators with a proven track record in getting businesses not just onside, but in turning them into the biggest advocates of good health and safety and fire safety practice’.
The conference is expected to attract an anticipated 600 delegates including blue-chip corporate clients and brand names, leading industry experts and educators and trainers.
The fire safety/health and safety seminar is one of seven that make up the entire conference covering a number of sectors including apprenticeships, first aid, food safety, licensing, pool lifeguarding and security.